Lais De Leon is a fitness icon and social media sensation from Brazil.
She began training at 19-years-old, and has since sculpted an incredible figure. She inspires fans around the world to lead a healthy lifestyle, by posting daily pictures and videos on her Instagram account (@laisdeleonfitness).
This is her story:
|Full Name: Lais De Leon|
|Under 115lbs (52.2kg)||5'3" (160cm)||32"||34"|
|Waist||Year of Birth||Nationality|
|Fitness Model, Social Media Star||2010|
|Weight||Under 115lbs (52.2kg)|
|Year of Birth||1987|
|Profession||Fitness Model, Social Media Star|
“I started training at 19. I saw my body changing and gaining weight in certain places and thought it was time to start some sort of routine to keep it tight.”
Born and raised in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Lais De Leon began training in the gym at 19-years-old in 2006. She enjoyed working out and seeing her figure transform through weight lifting – sculpting a curvy body.
Blessed with good looks, Lais naturally progressed into modelling after being approached by an agency. Her budding career as a model motivated her to keep fit and healthy – she stepped her game up in the gym to achieve her dream physique.
It wasn’t long until Lais’ passion for fitness had grown, and she set her focus on pursuing a career in this industry.
Her experience as a model helped her smooth transition into a fitness modelling – she quickly developed an impressive portfolio, as well an incredible physique.
Social Media Star
Lais began posting pictures and videos on Instagram (@laisdeleonfitness) in 2013. Not long after, the Brazilian was discovered by masses of follower around the world.
By 2016, Lais had become recognized as one of the leading fitness models of her generation.
Lais trains in the gym up to 5 days a week, resting for 2 days per week. She enjoys splitting her gym sessions into lower body, chest & shoulders, and back & arms – believing her body responds the best to this.
Lais’ workout routine looks something like this:
Day 1 – Lower Body
- Barbell Squat – 4 sets of 8 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift – 3 sets of 8 reps
- Walking Lunge – 3 sets f 10 reps
- Leg Extension – 2 sets of 12 reps
- Hamstring Curl – 2 sets of 12 reps
- Standing Calf Raises – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Lying Leg Raise – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Bicycle Crunch – 3 sets of 20 reps
- Plank Hold – 2 sets of 30-60 second holds
Day 2 – Chest & Shoulders
- Bench Press – 3 sets of 8 reps
- Incline Bench Press – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Shoulder Press – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Push-Up – 2 sets of 20+ reps (to failure)
- Lateral Raise – (dropset) 2 sets of 10, 10, 10 reps
- Superset Front Raise and Rear Delt Fly – 2 sets of 10 reps for both exercises
Day 3 – Rest or Light Ab Workout
Day 4 – Lower Body Circuit
- Jump Squat – 3 sets of as many reps as you can (AMRAP) in 60 secs
- Bulgarian Split Squat – 3 sets of AMRAP in 60 secs
- Dumbbell Step Up – 3 sets AMRAP in 60 secs
- Walking Lunge – 3 sets AMRAP in 60 secs
- Glute Bridge – 3 sets AMRAP in 60 secs
- Dumbbell Sumo Squat – 3 sets AMRAP in 60 secs
Day 5 – Back & Arms
- Barbell Rows – 3 sets of 8 reps
- Lat Pull-Down – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Horizontal V-Bar Row – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Bicep Curl – 3 sets of 12 reps each
- Superset Bicep Curl & Rope Press-Down – 3 sets of 12 reps both exercises
- Superset Hammer Curl & Overhead Extension – 3 sets of 12 reps both exercises
Day 6 – Plyometrics HIIT Training or Outdoor Workout
Day 7 – Rest
Lais aims to eat 8 meals per day, to keep her metabolism high and body fuelled to develop. She plans her diet around lean proteins, green vegetables, fruit, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
Lais’ diet would look something like this:
Lemon water to aid digestion and rehydrate upon waking
- 4 fried eggs
- Red onions
- Wholewheat toasted English muffin
- 3 large strawberries
- Cup of black coffee
Meal 3 – Protein Smoothie
- Ice cubes
- Almond milk
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 frozen banana
- Chicken pesto pasta
- Large serving green juice
Green chile chicken and veggie soup
Meal 7 (optional – to curb cravings at night)
Chicken and avocado salad
Meal 8 (optional – if Meal 7 doesn’t curb the cravings)
Frozen chocolate yogurt berry protein treats
Idols and Influences
Lais names her family and friends as key influences throughout her career – they’ve always pushed her to succeed, regardless of what she was doing.
However, Lais looks within herself for her motivation. Her own progress is what inspires her to step up her game in the gym, setting herself goals to reach every year.