Juliana Barreto is an international fitness model originally from Brazil.
An extremely active and energetic person in her youth, Juliana participated in many different sports and disciplines growing up; including volleyball, dancing, and track running.
Her interest in fitness, however, emerged sometime later – at the age of 17. After witnessing first results on her physique from lifting weights and dieting, Juliana was ‘sold’ to her new lifestyle.
“I started fitness training at age of seventeen and I have never stopped since. Fitness is more than a passion; it’s a life style.”
Full Name: Juliana Barreto Nationality Profession Era Brazilian, American Fitness Model 2010 Nationality Brazilian, American Profession Fitness Model Era 2010
“I’m here to inspire, motivate, and help guide everyone to achieve their own level of greatness. I’m an average person, living a normal life.
I work 5 to 7 days a week, and I work out almost daily. Therefore, if I can do it, so can you. Just believe in yourself and know that anything is possible.”
- Fitness Model
- Social Media Personality
Pushing it as Far as Possible
Juliana is known for her muscular and aesthetic physique. She achieved this look by training with heavy weights, and also, by incorporating super-sets, drop-sets, and forced reps; maximally exhausting her muscles.
In Juliana’s opinion, there’s no better way to promote muscle growth than to train until failure. She believes that the more micro-tears are caused to the muscle, the stronger and bigger it will be when it recovers from the workout.
Juliana’s top three favorite exercises;
- Squats – This exercise has helped Juliana shape her legs and glutes like nothing else. She says everyone who is healthy and injury-free should incorporate this compound movement in their weekly workout.
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises – Juliana likes the pump this exercise gives her. She likes to perform it at the end of her shoulder workout; using light weights, and many reps to ‘finish’ her deltoids.
- Lunges – From Juliana’s experience, this is one of the best glute-building exercises. It is something she does at the end of her leg workouts, when she wants to maximally isolate and exhaust her glutes.
While there aren’t many secrets to Juliana’s fit and healthy looks other than a clean and nutritious diet, she says there are a few principles she follows to make the dieting process a lot easier.
These principles include;
- Eating a cheat meal on the weekends to reset her metabolism and reduce cravings
- Consuming simple carbs only in the morning and after a workout
- Drinking a lot of water, at least three liters per day – this not only helps Juliana stay hydrated, it also reduces her cravings as she always feels full
What we can learn from Juliana Barreto
The story of Juliana Barreto is yet another example of how consistency, paired with hard, and planned work, can bring incredible results over time.
You should be able to cultivate some of these ‘inner’ qualities if you want to sculpt an awesome physique, or live an all-around amazing lifestyle – just like Juliana Barreto.
Leave a comment