Carolina Mestre is a bikini athlete and fitness model. She began preparing to compete at 21, winning her first show 2 years later.
By 2016, the Colombian had entered 10 competitions, placing in the top 3 in 8 shows. But she’d never considered a career in fitness during her childhood.
This is her story:
|Full Name: Carolina Mestre|
|Weight||Height||Year of Birth||Nationality|
|Under 115lbs (52.2kg)||5'4" (162.5cm)||1991||Columbian|
|Bikini Athlete, Fitness Model||2010|
|Weight||Under 115lbs (52.2kg)|
|Year of Birth||1991|
|Profession||Bikini Athlete, Fitness Model|
- 2014 Seminole Classic Bikini Open, Winter Springs, FL, 3rd
- 2014 Mid Florida Classic Bikini Open, Orlando, FL, 3rd
- 2014 Mid Florida Classic Novice Bikini, Orlando, FL, 1st
- 2014 Orlando Metropolitan Bikini Open, Longwood, FL, 1st and Overall
- 2014 Crystal Prestige Open Cup Bikini, Boca Raton, FL, 5th
- 2014 Southeastern USA Bikini Open, Orlando, FL, 1st
- 2014 Fort Lauderdale Open Cup Bikini, Ft Lauderdale, FL, 1st
- 2015 NPC All South Championships, ST Augustine, FL, 1st and Overall
- 2015 NPC Southeastern USA Orlando, FL, Bikini Open Overall Winner
- 2016 Arnold Amateur North America, Women’s Bikini-Fitness Class C, up to 163 cm, 12th
Born and raised in South America, Columbia, Carolina Mestre always had a passion for fitness – she began working out at 16-years-old, striving to make progress on her physique.
However, she’d never considered a career in the industry – until she met a professional fitness model in the gym.
Carolina became inspired by the model, and set her sights on achieving similar success.
Start of Fitness Journey
At the age of 21, in 2012, Carolina began sculpting a figure capable of competing. Over the next 2 years, she dedicated her life to fitness.
Her hard work paid off. By 2014, Carolina had achieved a lean physique and began looking at entering herself into fitness shows.
At the age of 23, Carolina entered her first competition as a bikini athlete – the 2014 Seminole Classic.
Impressively, the Colombian placed in the top 3 on her debut. She was motivated by this performance, and set her sights on winning her first show.
With this determination, she appeared in 6 more contests that same year – walking away with 4 trophies.
Carolina carried her success into 2015, winning two NPC championships and taking home the overall titles both times.
Carolina trains 6 days per week in the gym. She always mixes up her routine and which muscle groups she trains, keeping every week different.
Her favorite workout is chest – this is her workout plan:
Barbell Bench Press
“Start to warm up with press on flat bench with bar. Press lying on flat bench, hands apart in a length greater than the width of the shoulders. First only with the bar 25 repetitions.”
- The second set of 15lbs on each side: 25 reps
- The third set 25lbs on each side: 20 reps
- The fourth exercise is called contractions and we do 20 repetitions with the help of someone, pressing the bar as you go up
Chest Cable Flyes
“And we do it seated in the machine with separated arms in horizontal position, to inspire and to join the arms to the maximum and we do the following”:
- 40 lbs weights, 25 reps
- 40 lbs weights, 25 reps
- 60 lbs weights, 20 reps
Incline Bench Press
“Stretched on a narrow bench so as not to disturb the movements of the shoulders. Arms extended, elbows slightly flexed and we do”:
- 20 on each side
- 30 repetitions
- And 3 more repetitions
“Standing with legs slightly apart”
- 3 sets of 30 repetitions
Carolina eats 5 high protein and carb meals per day to provide her with enough energy to develop her physique. She begins her day at 5am and continues eating until 8pm.
Carolina’s diet plan will look something like this:
- Meal 1 – Oats with Milk
- Meal 2 – Chicken, Quinao, Vegetables
- Meal 3 – Chicken, Brown Rice, Vegetables
- Meal 4 – Chicken, Sweet Potato, Vegetables
- Meal 5 – Chicken and Salad
Share this article :