Bodybuilder, Fitness Model, Personal Trainer
Andreea Tina had always been into health and fitness one way or another. At the age of 5, she took gymnastic classes up until she was a teenager. But unfortunately, Andreea had to leave gymnastics due to continuous injuries.
In her early 20s’ Andreea found fitness and weight training, this, as Andreea says, “became an addition.”
Andreea’s passion grew exponentially, she learned as much as she could about fitness and took numerous classes to become a personal trainer.
During this time, she competed with the WBFF and took home 1st place in the 2014 Denmark Pro competition where she won her pro card. Needless to say, Andreea’s life has revolved around fitness since day one and continues to do so, to this day.
This is her story:
|Full Name: Andreea Tina|
|125 - 135lbs (56.7 - 61.2kg)||5'7" (170cm)||Romanian||Bodybuilder, Fitness Model, Personal Trainer|
|Weight||125 - 135lbs (56.7 - 61.2kg)|
|Profession||Bodybuilder, Fitness Model, Personal Trainer|
- 2014 Denmark WFBB Pro 1st Place
Gymnastics To Fitness
Born in 1984, and originally from Romania, Andreea Tina started training at the early age of 5 years old. She first started with gymnastics which helped her to create a strong and healthy physique into her adult years.
However, up until the age of 13, she had to stop attending gymnastic classes as her body received too many injuries which in turn meant she missed school to in order to recover.
Andreea then moved onto sports such as tennis, volleyball, and basketball throughout her high school years. During University at the age of 20, Andreea got into fitness, and this, as she describes it, “quickly became an addiction.”
Becoming A WBFF Pro
After Andreea moved to London from Romania and graduated with a Masters degree, she couldn’t walk away from her love for fitness.
She continued to train and study everything fitness related. Attending many courses and quickly learning more along the way, she soon realized she could enter in the famous WBFF competition.
Training hard, Andreea stepped on stage at the Denmark WBFF Pro competition in May 2014 where she took 1st place in her very first show.
She presented an awesome physique that took months of hard work and dedication to create. Andreea now works towards helping others achieve their own awesome physique.
In creating her own dream physique, Andreea realized she could help others create their own health and lifestyle goals by working with a number of clients at “wellbeing” retreats. Her focus is not only the aesthetic nature of fitness but also the positive mental attitude which she hopes to encourage.
Andreea admits she doesn’t like tons of cardio, she’s had experience with that in the past and says, “it’s just pure metabolic damage.”
However, Andreea does like HIIT and MetCon (metabolic conditioning) training. She’ll also add in boxing and kickboxing for an extra fat burning and LISS such as long walks for overall health.
Fasted cardio is also big on her workout protocols where she’ll do a 15-minute bodyweight Tabata training on mornings when she feels rested with a solid 8-9 hours of sleep before hand.
There are three main exercises that Andreea likes to add into her workouts to help create a well-rounded physique. These are;
- Squats – “Master the technique of a correct squat.”
- GHR (glute ham raise) – “Probably the most underrated exercise, I love it, it hits your entire posterior chain, from gastrocs to hamstrings, glutes and lower back; getting stronger on your GHR will increase your squat, deadlift and clean, make you run faster and jump higher.”
- Pull-ups with all their variations – “The most effective exercise for your upper body. They are fantastic for building strength, endurance and most importantly, confidence; once you’ve mastered to lift your own bodyweight any other exercise can be done with ease. The quickest way to strengthen and tone your upper body, arms, and abs, love them.” – Andreea Tina
- 20 minutes Sprints (am)
- Incline Dumbbell Press (Neutral to Semi-supinated) 4×12
- Standing Shoulder Press 4×12
- Cable Fly’s Low Pulley 3×15
- Standing Incline Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3×15
- Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3×15
- Cable Bent Over Lateral Raise 3×15
- High Pull 2×15
- Gironda Dumbbell Side Swing 2×10
- Front Squats 4×6-8
- Sissy Squats 4×10-12
- Barbell Step Ups 4×12
- Dumbbell Squat 4×10
- Dumbbell Walking Lunges 3×15
- Donkey Calf Raises 3×25
- Seated Calf Raises 3×25
- Good Mornings 3×10
- Low Cable Pull-in 3×20
- Overhead Pulley Crunch 3×20
- 1 hour Yoga session
- 20 minute Sprints (am)
- Romanian Deadlift 4×10
- Glute Hamstring Raise 4×12
- Cable/Rope Hip Thrusts 3×15
- Reverse Hyper-Extension 3×15
- Cable Kickback 3×15
- V-ups 3×20
- Hanging Leg Raise 3×20
- Sit-ups Elbow To Knee 3×20
- Kettlebells Swings 3×25
- Close Grip Chin-ups 3×8
- Bent Over Pull Down (Wide Grip) 3×12
- Incline Bench Dumbbell Row (Chest Pronated) 3×12
- 45 Degree Incline Bench Biceps Curls 3×12
- EZ Bar Close Grip Bench Press 3×12
- Cable Curls (Supinated Grip) 3×15
- Rope Overhead Triceps Extension 3×15
- Leg Extension 5×15
- Hack Squat On Toes 4×10-12
- Leg Press 4×15-20
- Leg Extension 6×10
- Lying Leg Curl 4×15-20
- Stiff Leg Deadlift 4×10-12
- Back Extension 4×15-20
- Lying Leg Curl Drop Set 3×10
- Low Cable Pull-In 3×20
- Overhead Pulley Crunch 3×20
Sunday: Off Day
Andreea’s diet is balanced and flexible when it comes to counting calories and measuring her macros. She makes sure she’ll eat a certain amount of protein each day along with healthy fats and complex carbs.
During her workouts, Andreea will also consume some type of intra-workout carb source. Her favorite technique to stay lean is to backload her carbs. One dish she’ll eat is gluten free porridge or mash sweet potatoes with coconut milk in the evening.
The main type of diet Andreea will eat is the Paleo-Mediterranean diet. She’ll also eat one cheat meal per week where she’ll eat anything she feels like. When Andreea is in prep mode for competitions, she’ll pay close attention to counting her macros.
Her body responds best to high carbs and low fat, and she’ll follow a 12-week prep starting with a high amount of calories and gradually lower them each week until the competition.
- Meal 1: Venison Steak with Nuts
- Meal 2: Salmon Fillet & Algae Salad
- Meal 3: Turkey Breast, 250g Rice & Roasted Vegetables with Olive Oil
- Meal 4: Chargrilled Calamari, Avocado & Flaxseeds
- Meal 5: Ostrich Steak, 200g Sweet Potatoes (sprinkled with Cinnamon and Chia Seeds) & Green Leaves/Spinach Salad
- Meal 6: Casein Shake, Porridge, Oats, Coconut Milk, ½ scoop Protein Powder & a handful of Berries
“It takes courage to act, to start over again, to keep moving forward, to cucceed.”
Idols and Influences
When it comes to motivation, Andreea says she’s good at inspiring herself to get focused. She also says she’ll try to inspire others as much as possible and give them the tools necessary to get motivated.
Here’s Andreea talking about her life’s motivations;
“I love and enjoy way too much what I do and when I put something in my mind I must make it happen. There will always be ups and downs, lots of challenges, but I feel people give up on themselves too easily sometimes. You have to understand that you need to get knocked down, the real challenge of growth, mentally, emotionally and spiritually comes when you get knocked down. It takes courage to act, to start over again, to keep moving forward, to succeed.”
What we can learn from Andreea Tina
Andreea Tina has always been into fitness. Ever since she was 5 years old and taking gymnastic classes, she found back then what made her happy and continued on the same path to this day.
Her unwillingness to give up and keep moving forward onto a life of strength and health has made her a highly successful personal trainer and WBFF Pro competitor.
Andreea is always searching to learn more for her spiritual and physical health, this is something we can learn from Andreea. With this same motivation and passion for knowledge, you too can achieve your own goals and create a physique of greatness.
“On the journey to finding the right balance, you’ll find yourself.” – Andreea Tina
Leave a comment